Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far is Auschwitz from Kraków?
- Auschwitz is located south-west from Kraków about 70km or 45 miles,
2. How long it takes journey from Kraków to Auschwitz?
- Usually it takes from 1h10 till 1h30 min - depends of the traffic jams,
3. What is a difference between PRIVATE and SHARED (group) transport?
- It's easy:
* private transport is only for you or your friends, you will pay a little bit more but you have a private car with the English speaking driver just for you,
* shared transport is a minivan max for 8 persons included you, usually it's 3 pick up's from difference hotels or apartments in Kraków.
Shared transport is also a little bit cheaper,
4. How much time does it take to see both camps (Auschwitz & Birkenau)?
- Average time of visit both camps is about 3 hours. Visiting Auschwitz takes about 2 hours and Birkenau 1,5 hour.
5. Do we have to pay to see both camps?
- If you decide to walk alone in Auschwitz & Birkenau (without guide) than the entrance is free of charge. You can buy the guide book from the bookshop with all informations about Museum and maps.
- If you decide to take a guided tour - fee is 45PLN or 21€ each per person.
6. How far is Salt Mine from Kraków?
- Salt Mine is located about 25km from Kraków,
7.How long it takes journey from Kraków to Salt Mine?
- Usually it takes from 30min till 45min - depends of the traffic jams,
8. Do we have to pay to visit Salt Mine?
- Yes, Salt Mine is possible to visit only with a guide. Price for a tickets - 84PLN or 20€ each per person, students and children pay 64PLN 16€
9. How much time does it take to visit Salt Mine?
- Average time of visit Salt Mine is about 2h30min.
10. Who will be waiting for us at the airport?
- Our driver will be waiting for You at the airport arrivals holding a card with Your name.
11. When do we pay?
- You can pay in cash after the tour is over. So, eg. after visiting Auschwitz etc when you are back in Krakow.